Where would you love to travel next?
The basic principle when arranging pictures is that the horizontal centre of each picture or group of pictures should line up at eye level on the wall.
You can drop the centreline 30–60cm in areas where the admirers will mostly be seated, such as a living room. Beyond that, you are free to arrange them as you like, but observing certain ground rules does help.
• Hang pictures that are the same size and shape next to or underneath one another in strict geometrical order.
• Create a harmonious arrangement by organising pictures of different sizes according to imaginary lines that go through the middle and the lower or upper border of the specific picture.
• Be creative: arrange a larger group of pictures in a square, oval or circle. Alternatively, orientate them according to an imaginary cross in the middle of the arrangement.
Placing pictures in the best light
• Even in a well-illuminated room a picture light can accentuate a piece of art or group of photos.
• Well-placed lamps either below or above can cast a mellow light on pictures.
• To bring out the glow in a photo, illuminate it from behind. Press a photo to a piece of plastic wrap, glue it onto matt glass, and install a light behind it so that it shines through the picture.
Hanging pictures properly
Besides the good old picture hook in the wall, there are many other options for hanging pictures almost invisibly.
• Hang pictures from a rail or moulding using nylon line that matches the colour of the ceiling and is almost invisible. You can move them back and forth and adjust them for height, too.
• Hang artwork on the wall over an art shelf, or set it directly onto the shelf.
• If a picture always hangs askew, use a little reusable adhesive or masking tape behind the corners of the frame to hold it in place.
|Alan Ku Teck Heng on 05 October 2012 ,13:01 |
Picture at the wall is very nice comment on the tops can try tks.
Post A Comment
Disclaimer : Reader's Digest reserves the right and authority to display your postings or not, and modify your posts to remove offensive material, remove vulgar comments, remove insults or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, at our discretion.