Advertising: Advertising & Reader's Engagement • Circulation • RD Edition In Asia • Asia Rates • Readership Profile • Material Datelines • Material Specification • Terms & Conditions • Contact Details
Reader’s Digest inspires by celebrating what is best in our world, our communities and ourselves. Through shared stories and shared experiences, we provide ways for people of all ages to feel uplifted and connected as caring contributors to the global community.
Globally each month, Reader’s Digest is published in 50 editions, 21 languages and has a circulation of 17 million with an estimated readership of 70 million, making Reader’s Digest the world’s most read magazine.
The Reader’s Digest brand is well known, respected and trusted. Our ability to closely engage with our readers and customers presents advertisers with integrated multi-platform targeting opportunities.
A Unique Editorial Philosophy
Reader’s Digest seeks the cause and meaning of world events, celebrates individual courage and achievement, expands the mind, and enriches the spirit.
The Reader’s Digest philosophy is based on 4 key pillars:
Entertains by looking at the lighter side of life. Laughter is after all the best medicine!
Stories that inspire
Engages with short stories about the triumph of the human spirit – helps us appreciate what we have and the people around us.
Enriches one’s brain and self power.
Empowers us with the knowledge to act upon.
The Secret of Engaging with Readers
Reader’s Digest speaks to its readers like no other magazine does. We engage them as individuals and identify with their values and positive approach to life.
This is a magazine that is:
- Human-centric, not female-centric. Reader’s Digest speaks to the individual’s role as a human being, rather than to a woman’s role as wife, mother, career woman or homemaker.
- Focussed on personal impact rather than personal growth. Reader’s Digest speaks to the individual’s ability to impact society at large, rather than to individuals desiring to improve themselves.
- About meaning, not just information. It covers the human story behind the news, not just the background.
- Concentrate on insight, not gossip. Reader’s Digest speaks to the lessons of life, not the superficial side-show.
In Asia, Reader’s Digest publishes 6 editions, in 5 languages, and over 1.6 million copies are sold every month.
Reader’s Digest enjoys one of the strongest consumerengagement that a publication can get from readers.
- Out of all regional publications, Reader’s Digest gets the most engagement from readers. 46% of our readers read at least three quarters of the magazine. This proportion is the highest compared to what other same language regional publications get from their readers!
Source: PAX Q2’2010
- Compared to other regional publications, our readers also spend the most time with us. About 1.25 hours for Reader’s Digest English and 2 hours for Reader’s Digest Chinese. This is the longest time compared to what other same language regional publications get from their readers!
Source: PAX Q2’2010
- Our readers send in over 6,000 stories & close to 20,000 jokes each year!
- The strength of Reader’s Digest is the sheer size and power of our subscriber base. Reader’s Digest is not an unreliable impulse purchase, dependent on the amount of change in people’s pockets for sales or on the passing appeal of the cover photograph. Our subscriptions make up for two thirds of total circulation. Our readers are powerfully steadfast and faithful, and our advertisers are guaranteed an engaged audience.
Source: ABC (Jul-Dec 2009) for Reader’s Digest English, Chinese & Thai editions.
Send Free eCards
Great for: Chilli mornings
Time: 10 min
Health & Wellbeing
Food & Recipes
Home & Garden
Stories & Interviews
|More in Lifestyle||More in Health||More in Food & Recipes||More in Home & Garden||More in Stories & Interviews|