30th Super Contest Official Rules
THANK YOU PRIZE AND PREFERRED CUSTOMER BONUS OFFICIAL PRIZELIST
RM60,000 cash AND RM30,000 cash
Period: 1 April 2016 to 31 Dec 2016
HOW THE THANK YOU PRIZE AND PREFERRED CUSTOMER BONUS WORKS
(Yearly YES and No only)
- The Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus is open to residents of Singapore and Malaysia aged 18 years or older only who receive or access marketing communications via email, mail, print advertisement, telephone, SMS or online from Reader’s Digest (the “Promoter”) and its partners during the promotional period. The Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus open on 1st April 2016 and closes on local mid night of 31 December 2016 in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Eligibility for entry to the contest offered is dependent upon replying in accordance with the conditions and instructions (Eg: replying with appropriate materials or promotion stickers affixed and mailing back within 7 days) as specified in the accompanying promotional material. Multiple entries are permitted provided each entry is on an original Reader’s Digest entry form. No facsimiles or copies are permitted. In some cases where it will not be necessary to return an entry form to participate, specific mention will be made of that fact in the promotional material. When website or telephone entry is offered, entries may be submitted by following the instructions in the promotional material. Entries must be received by the closing date. A specific deadline as instructed applies to certain prizes including the Super Bonus Prize and, based on relevant local postal guidelines, the Promoter allows one week for delivery and one week for return in addition to any deadline stated. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for entries which become lost or damaged, or delayed in transit. Where purchase of a product is required for entry into the contest, return or non-payment of such product by the selection date/time, will result in that entrant being ineligible for a prize in that contest. All eligible entries will qualify as finalists and have a fair and equal chance to win.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its discretion, to offer additional opportunities for entrants to receive bonus entries. Any such opportunities (and the relevant conditions and limitations) will be announced via the corresponding promotional material. The Promoter also reserves the right to offer entries into multiple prize on the one occasion. Any such opportunities (and the relevant conditions and limitations) will also be announced via the corresponding promotional material.
- Entries are not transferable. To be eligible, entries must be received by the applicable closing date. Additional deadlines apply to certain prizes including the bonus prizes and, based on postal guidelines, the Promoter allows one week for delivery and one week for return in addition to any deadline stated. In some cases where it will not be necessary to return an entry form in order to participate, specific mention will be made of that fact in the promotional material. All eligible entries will qualify and will have a fair and equal chance to win the prize to which they relate.
- Prizes will be awarded in the form of a cheque. Cash prizes will be paid in the local currency of the winner. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
- In the presence of an independent advisor/observer, all decisions of the Promoter are final with respect with all aspects of the contest.
- The Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus selection will take place on or around 10th January 2017 at Reader’s Digest’s Singapore Office at 10 Eunos Road 8, Singapore Post Centre, #13-07 at 2pm.
- If a Malaysian entrant is selected, the Promoter will contact the entrant anytime on the day of selection. The entrant will have to answer a simple quiz. Correctly answered quiz will deemed the entrant the official winner. Should the entrant answered wrongly or uncontactable after 3 phone calls, the Promoter shall re-select for another entrant immediately. The winners declared will be final and no further correspondence will be entrained.
- All winners will be notified in writing at the address in our files. The names of the winners will be published in the Straits Times in Singapore and The Star in Malaysia, as well as www.rdasia.com.my no later than 7 days after the selection date.
- Any prize unclaimed after 60 days from the winner’s announcement date will be donated to a local charity at the Promoter’s discretion.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- By agreeing to participate in the Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus, entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are selected a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or other contests.
- The promotional material, information on how to enter, the Official Prize List and the conditions of entry described in them form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- All phone calls are to be made to the phone number specified on the promotional material. Any phone charges from landline or mobile phone shall be borne by entrant.
- If entry is via a SMS text mechanic, the SMS number will be specified in the promotional material. The cost of the SMS will be charged at a rate indicated in the promotion The cost of the SMS service charges shall be borne by entrant. SMS winners will be contacted by either SMS, phone or by post and the Promoter will record their address details so that the prize may be awarded. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus database and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Any cost associated with accessing any promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, non-directed or misdirected e-mail, for any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of entries. Further, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage to computer systems from downloading any information necessary to participate in the Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus contest. The Promoter (subject to regulatory requirements) reserves the right in its discretion to suspend, terminate or modify the Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus or the online portion of the Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus at any time if the Promoter’s online service is no longer available or is compromised by any virus, bugs, or other intervention beyond the Promoter’s control. In either of these events, prizes may be awarded based on electronic entries received prior to date of termination and mail-in entries received as of the closing date. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with any entry process or is in any other way responsible for compromising the orderly operation of the Thank You Prize and Customer Preferred Bonus contest. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Based on past contest, the approximate odds of winning Thank You Prize (with Preferred Customer Bonus) –1 in 3,900,000.
- The Promoter is Reader’s Digest Asia Pte. Ltd., (BRN: 200607506M), 10 Eunos Road 8, Singapore Post Centre, #13-07 Singapore 408600. (www.rdasia.com) Fax: (65) 6749 1312, email@example.com.