CUSTOMER APPRECIATION PRIZE
Period: 1 Jan 2016 to 31 Dec 2016
- The Customer Appreciation Prize is open to residents of Hong Kong and Taiwan aged 18 years or older only who receive or access marketing communications via email, mail, print advertisement, telephone or online from Reader’s Digest (the “Promoter”) during the promotional period. The Customer Appreciation Prize opens on 1st January 2016 and closes on local midnight of 31st December 2016.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Eligibility for entry to the prize draw offered is dependent upon replying in accordance with the conditions and instructions (Eg: replying with appropriate materials) as specified in the accompanying promotional material. Multiple entries are permitted provided each entry is on an original Reader’s Digest entry form. No facsimiles or copies are permitted. In some cases where it will not be necessary to return an entry form to participate, specific mention will be made of that fact in the promotional material. When website or telephone entry is offered, entries may be submitted by following the instructions in the promotional material. Entries must be received by the closing date. Based on relevant local postal guidelines, the Promoter allows one week for delivery and one week for return in addition to any deadline stated. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for entries which become lost or damaged, or delayed in transit. All eligible entries will qualify as finalists and have a fair and equal chance to win.
- Entries are not transferable. To be eligible, entries must be received by the applicable closing date. Based on postal guidelines, the Promoter allows one week for delivery and one week for return in addition to any deadline stated. In some cases where it will not be necessary to return an entry form in order to participate, specific mention will be made of that fact in the promotional material. All eligible entries will qualify and will have a fair and equal chance to win the prize to which they relate.
- Prize are not exchangeable or transferable.
- In the presence of an independent advisor/observer, all decisions of the Promoter are final with respect with all aspects of the draws.
- The Customer Appreciation Prize draw will take place on 10th January 2017 at Reader’s Digest’s Singapore Office at 10 Eunos Road 8, Singapore Post Centre, #13-07.
- The winner will be notified in writing at the address in our files. The name of the winner will be published on the South China Morning Post and the Apple Daily in Hong Kong; the United Daily News in Taiwan; as well as www.rdasia.com on 17th January 2017.
- Any prize unclaimed after 60 days from the winner’s announcement date will be donated to a local charity at the Promoter’s discretion.
- By entering the Customer Appreciation Prize, entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are selected a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Customer Appreciation Prize (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or other draws or contests.
- The promotional material, information on how to enter, the Official Prize List and the conditions of entry described in them form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- All phone calls are to be made to the phone number specified on the promotional material. Any phone charges from landline or mobile phone shall be borne by entrant.
- Any cost associated with accessing any promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, non-directed or misdirected e-mail, for any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of entries. Further, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage to computer systems from downloading any information necessary to participate in the Customer Appreciation Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its discretion to suspend, terminate or modify the Customer Appreciation Prize or the online portion of the Customer Appreciation Prize at any time if the Promoter’s online service is no longer available or is compromised by any virus, bugs, or other intervention beyond the Promoter’s control. In either of these events, prizes may be awarded based on electronic entries received prior to date of termination and mail-in entries received as of the closing date. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with any entry process or is in any other way responsible for compromising the orderly operation of the Customer Appreciation Prize. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The approximate odd of winning the Customer Appreciation Prize is 1 in 80,000.