Lamb tabbouleh with fresh herbs Photo: Reader's Digest
Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus at least 1 hour marinating
Cooking time: about 10 minutes
Ingredients for lamb tabbouleh with fresh herbs
400 g lean lamb neck fillets, trimmed of fat
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
juice of ½ lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed
fresh mint leaves to serve
1½ cups (265 g) burghul
2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 yellow or orange capsicum, seeded and diced
7.5 cm piece Lebanese cucumber, diced
4 spring onions, slicedhandful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
juice of ½ lemon
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper
Preparation method for lamb tabbouleh with fresh herbs
1. Slit open the lamb fillets lengthwise, not cutting all the way through. Open the meat out flat and place in a shallow dish. Combine the oil, lemon juice and garlic, pour over the lamb and turn it a couple of times to coat. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
2. For the tabbouleh, place the burghul in a bowl, pour over the boiling water and leave to soak for 20 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
3. Combine the ingredients for the dressing. Add the dressing to the soaked burghul together with the tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber, spring onions and herbs.
4. Preheat the grill to high. Place the lamb on the rack of the grill pan and grill for 3–4 minutes on each side, or until the meat is evenly browned. It will be medium–rare; cook longer if you prefer it medium or well-done.
5. Taste the tabbouleh salad for seasoning and fluff up with a fork. Slice the lamb diagonally, pile on top of the tabbouleh and garnish with mint leaves. Serve as soon as possible.
*Each serving provides 2646 kJ, 632 kcal, 30 g protein, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 76 g carbohydrate (9 g sugars), 3 g fibre
Post A Comment
Disclaimer : Reader's Digest reserves the right and authority to display your postings or not, and modify your posts to remove offensive material, remove vulgar comments, remove insults or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, at our discretion.