If your parents didn't teach you this neat trick, it's not too late to learn how to do it. Now, you can get your kids or grandkids into the holiday spirit with this easy and fabulous craft.
You Will Need:
* Reader's Digest magazine
* Spray paint (green, gold, or silver)
* Small wood or foam star (optional)
What to Do:
1. Remove both covers from magazine. Take the upper right hand corner of the first page and bring it down so that the top edge of the page rest against the glued binding of the magazine.
2. Now crease this first fold, carefully. Again, take this page and fold it over until the crease rests against the glued binding of the magazine. Crease second fold.
3. Finally fold the triangle (that overlaps the bottom of the magazine) upward so it will be even with the bottom of the book, crease it. The first page is finished.
4. Continue folding & creasing the remaining pages.
5. When the magazine is completely folded glue the front and back pages together. Spray tree with paint, and sprinkle glitter while still wet. Glue star to top.
Tip: To create a bigger tree, try gluing two Reader's Digest magazines back-to-back.
|Pilar B. Tupas on 13 December 2012 ,10:25 |
I agree with Ms. Gopalan...these magazines are very informative and educational and could be used by our children's children in the future..they could learn more from these magazines. Maybe we could try the Reader's Digest Christmas tree with other magazines.
|Sureja Gopalan on 27 November 2012 ,10:58 |
Reader's Digest Christmas tree is fine but personally I wouldn't want to ruin my books coz its too precious - I rather keep it safely in my Library - for easy reading anytime I want even if it takes a 100 years!!
Post A Comment