Mango cream in brandy-snap baskets Photo: Reader's Digest
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for fragrant mango cream in brandy-snap baskets
1 large ripe mango
2 tbsp good-quality lemon curd
300g Greek-style yoghurt
6 brandy-snap baskets
1 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
fresh mint leaves to decorate
Preparation for fragrant mango cream in brandy-snap basket
1. Cut the peel from the mango and slice the flesh from the flat stone. Place half the mango flesh in a food processor or blender and process briefly until smooth. Spoon into a bowl. Chop the remaining mango flesh into pieces and set aside.
2. Cut the passionfruit in half and scoop out the seed and pulp into the mango puree. Stir in the lemon curd. Add the yoghurt and fold everything together until well combined.
3. Spoon the fruit and yoghurt cream into the brandy-snap baskets and top with the chopped mango. Scatter a few chopped pistachio nuts over the top of each serving and decorate with fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Some more ideas
- Orange curd, which is becoming more widely available, makes a delicious alternative to lemon curd.
- Substitute a papaya for the mango.
- For a raspberry and chocolate cream on panettone, add 2 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts and 4 tbsp chocolate ice cream sauce to 300g Greek-style yoghurt, and swirl together until the chocolate sauce has marbled the yoghurt. Cut 3 long slices of dried fruit panettone in half and toast under the grill until golden. Spoon the chocolate cream over the panettone and scatter on 125g fresh raspberries. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve decorated with fresh mint leaves.
- Slice 2 bananas and divide them along the brandy-snap baskets. Top with the chocolate and hazelnut cream above and finish with a fine drizzle of warm chocolate sauce.
Post A Comment
Disclaimer : Reader's Digest reserves the right and authority to display your postings or not, and modify your posts to remove offensive material, remove vulgar comments, remove insults or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, at our discretion.