INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
Zest of 1 lemon
4 chicken thigh fillets
1 cup couscous
24 0g cooked or canned
½ bunch mint
½ bunch parsley
2 carrots, thinly grated
4 handfuls mixed salad leaves
For the dressing
1 tbsp preserved lemon, roughly chopped
2 tsp paprika
¼ cup tahini
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Put lemon zest and chicken thigh fillets into a large saucepan. Pour in one litre of water, until chicken is covered. Place over medium heat and gently simmer (you don’t want this to boil) for 12 minutes.
2. Remove chicken from pan and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes. Shred the chicken into small pieces.
3. Put dressing ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Add in enough water, whisking as you go, to thin down the dressing to a pourable consistency.
4. Cook couscous by placing in a bowl and pouring 1½ cups boiling water over it. Cover and leave for 5 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Remove cover and fluff up with a fork.
5. Add chickpeas, fresh herbs, carrot and shredded chicken to couscous. Pour dressing over and gently toss to combine. Serve on top of the mixed salad leaves.
TIP: The couscous, chicken, herb and chickpea mixture stores really well overnight, so it’s worthwhile making extra to have for lunch the next day.
Post A Comment