Fits a 10.5 inch springform pan
Ingredients for non-bake classic cheesecake
Marie chocolate biscuit (~400g or sufficient to fill the springform pan base to about half-inch depth)
4 tablespoon cocoa powder
Sunflower oil or olive oil (~1 cup or sufficient to make the biscuit base moist enough)
1kg Philadelphia cream cheese
400g (one tin) Ideal full-cream evaporated milk
3 tablespoon vanilla essence
4 cup icing sugar
7 teaspoon gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
600g canned peaches (or fruit cocktail), water/syrup drained
Preparation for non-bake classic cheesecake
To make the biscuit base:
1. Crush the biscuits in a blender until smooth.
2. Fold in the cocoa powder and mix well. Fold in sunflower/olive oil and mix well.
3. Lightly grease springform pan with butter. Pour biscuit mix into the pan and press in to about half-inch thick. Put in fridge.
To make the cheese filling:
1. Prepare the cream cheese in room temperature (take cheese from fridge and leave on table for 3 hours). Put the cheese in a mixing bowl and break into small chunks. Fold in icing sugar. Use an electric beater and blend until smooth, about 10 mins.
2. Prepare Ideal full-cream evaporated milk (left in fridge overnight or in freezer for 1 hour). Pour milk into another mixing bowl and beat using electric beater for about 10 mins (until it becomes like whipped cream). Fold this into the cheese mixture.
3. Fold in vanilla essence. Beat the entire mixture for about 10 mins.
4. Prepare the gelatin: sprinkle gelatin on the cold water, allow it to stand for 5 mins, then double boil the gelatin until it is dissolved. Keep it covered until ready to use.
5. Fold in this gelatin and beat for another 5 minutes. Fold in the peaches (make sure to drain the syrup).
6. Pour entire mixture into the biscuit base, cover with cling wrap and leave in fridge overnight before serving. Serves 16 pax.
Post A Comment