Blueberry and Cranberry Crunch Muesli
Start your day with this healthy mixture of fruit, nuts and seeds, served with low-fat milk or yogurt. In summer, leave out the dried fruit and serve the muesli with some fresh berries instead.
- 2 cups (200 g) five-grain porridge mix or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (30 g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (70 g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup (50 g) walnuts
- 1/3 cup (50 g) macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
- 50 g dried blueberries
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the porridge mix, coconut, seeds, nuts and spices in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, until warmed through. Pour into the porridge mixture and stir until well combined. Spread the mixture over the prepared trays.
- Bake the mixture for 20 minutes, stirring several times to ensure it browns evenly. Set aside to cool on the trays.
- Pour the cooled mixture into a bowl and stir in the dried fruit and chia seeds. Store in an airtight container.
Serves: 10 (makes about 5 cups)
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes