Chicken ‘Risotto’ in the Slow Cooker
This dish is a perfect midweek meal, just put it in the slow cooker in the morning and it'll be ready by dinner time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices bacon, rind removed and cut in half
- 1 cup (200 g) long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of ground allspice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups (500 ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- steamed vegetables, to serve
- Place the chicken in slow cooker; lay a bacon strip over each breast. Sprinkle the rice over the chicken, then sprinkle with the salt, pepper and allspice.
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, mustard, lemon juice and stock. Pour mixture over the rice. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 8 hours