Wholesome oats add loads of goodness to these chewy treats.
- 150 g butter, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (115 g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or treacle
- 1 1⁄2 cups (150 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150 g) plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup (45 g) desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until melted, then remove from the heat.
- Mix the oats, flour and coconut in a bowl.
- Combine the bicarbonate of soda with 1 tablespoon boiling water. Add to the butter mixture, then stir through the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking trays. Flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays.
Makes: 25 biscuits
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes