Mini Salmon Breakfast Quiches
To make breakfast a little quicker and easier in the morning, you can bake the cases for these quiches a day in advance. Allow them to cool completely, then store in an airtight container until required. Fill and bake the quiches close to serving time.
- olive oil spray
- 12 slices wholegrain bread
- 210 g can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a 12-hole standard muffin tin with olive oil.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten out the bread slices, then use a 10 cm cutter to cut a round from each slice. Press the bread rounds into the muffin tin and lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes, until the bread cases are very lightly browned and slightly dried out. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Return the bread cases to the muffin tin. Combine the salmon and herbs, then divide the mixture among the bread cases. Carefully pour the eggs into the bread cases over the salmon and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake the quiches for 12–15 minutes, until set and golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.