INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
2 tbsp honey
Zest and juice of ½ orange
1 punnet strawberries, halved
¼ tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup plain wholemeal flour
¾ cup skim milk
2 tbsp caster sugar
Natural yoghurt to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, then lightly grease a 1.5-litre ovenproof pudding bowl.
2. Place the rhubarb, honey and orange juice into a microwave-safe bowl, then cook on high for 2 minutes.
3. Give the rhubarb a stir, then cook for another 2 minutes until soft and just starting to break up. Stir through the orange zest, strawberries and vanilla essence, then pour into the greased pudding bowl.
4. Put the flour in a separate bowl, add a small amount of the milk and whisk together to form a smooth paste. Pour in the rest of the milk and add the sugar and eggs.
5. Whisk together until fully combined, then pour over the rhubarb and strawberries.
6. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the custard is puffed, golden and not too runny in the centre. Serve with a scoop of natural yoghurt.
TIP: Adding only a small amount of milk to the flour initially will help ensure a smooth, lump-free custard.