Stir-fries do not have to be complicated with numerous ingredients, as this simple recipe shows. Here, strips of pork fillet are marinated then stir-fried with green vegetables. Egg noodles make the perfect accompaniment.
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
Ingredients for stir-fried pork with Chinese greens
300 g pork fillet, trimmed of visible fat
3 tablespoons dry sherry
4 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
1 bunch spring onions, about 170 g
200 g snow peas
350 g bok choy
250 g medium Chinese egg noodles
1 tablespoon peanut oil
Preparation for stir-fried pork with Chinese greens
1. Cut the pork across into 5 mm slices, then cut each slice into 5 mm strips. Place in a bowl with sherry, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and soy sauce. Toss to mix well, then set aside to marinate while preparing the vegetables.
2. Cut the spring onions in half across, then into shreds lengthways. Halve the snow peas lengthways. Trim the bok choy and tear it into large bite-sized pieces.
3. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the egg noodles and cook, according to the packet instructions.
4. Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan until hot, then add the peanut oil. Add the pork, reserving the marinade, and stir-fry over high heat for 3 minutes or until the meat is lightly browned and tender. Remove from the wok and set aside.
5. Add the snow peas to the wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the spring onions and bok choy and stir-fry for another minute. Return the pork to the wok, together with the reserved marinade, and stir-fry all together for another 1–2 minutes or until everything is piping hot. The bok choy should have wilted, but still be a bit crisp.
6. Drain the noodles well and toss with the remaining sesame oil. Spoon onto warmed serving plates. Divide the stir-fried pork and greens among the plates and serve.
Post A Comment