Burglars will make a beeline to the room with the most valuables. “The good stop is always going to be in the master bedroom,” says Chris McGoey, CPP, CSP, CAM, president of McGoey Security Consulting. “That’s where you have your clothes, your jewellery, your extra cash, your prescriptions – anything of value.” Hiding things under the mattress is one of the oldest tricks in the book, so a thief will likely check there for hidden treasures, he says.
Popular This Week
- Want to live to 100? Follow these 18 simple rules
- 15 things you never knew about left-handed people
- 7 tips for arguing with someone who is “always right”
- 15 of the hardest words to spell in the English language
- 25 of the world’s strangest and most unique hotels
- The 10 best meals to eat when you feel your worst
- 73 short jokes anyone can remember
- 13 normal fights even happy couples have
More in Home Tips
Would you like to see your writing published in the magazine? Send it to us! We pay for stories, anecdotes and jokes.
We’re looking for enthusiastic readers who want to get involved in creating the magazine!
Share Your Deepest Wish with us and be published and earn cash!
What’s your best tip for dealing with stress and worry?
Come up with a funny caption for this image for your chance to win $100!