- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low–fat natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 100 g carrot, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Tarragon dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Orange and green salad
- 1 carrot
- 1 small bulb of fennel
- 2 zucchini
- 2 cups (90 g) lamb's lettuce (mâche)
- First hard–boil the eggs.
- Place in a large saucepan, cover with tepid water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing.
- Put the oil, vinegar and mustard in a screw–top jar with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shake well, then set aside until needed.
- Peel the eggs and cut each in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks into a bowl using a teaspoon.
- Set the whites aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard powder, grated carrot and half of the chives to the egg yolks, and mash together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon the egg yolk filling into the hollows in the eggwhite halves, mounding it up attractively.
- Using a swivel vegetable peeler or a mandolin, shave thin ribbons lengthwise from the carrot, fennel and zucchini.
- Put the vegetable ribbons in a mixing bowl with the lamb’s lettuce.
- Shake the dressing again, then pour over the salad and toss together.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each with 4 stuffed egg halves.
- Sprinkle the top of the eggs with the remaining chives, and serve.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: about 10 minutes 8 eggs, at room temperature