Roasted Tomato, Capsicum and Chorizo Soup
Bursting with rich Mediterranean flavours, this soup is a great choice for a fast, satisfying supper.
- 1 red onion with skin, quartered
- 2 long sweet red capsicums, halved lengthways
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 500 ml chicken stock made
- 400 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 100 g chorizo, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 15 g fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the grill to high. Arrange the onion, capsicum and tomatoes on a baking tray, cut sides down, with the garlic cloves. Grill the vegetables for 6-8 minutes or until the skins are beginning to blacken.
- Remove the skins from the onion, capsicum and tomatoes, and squeeze the garlic flesh from the skins.
- Chop half the vegetables into small chunks and put the remainder into a food processor or blender with the garlic flesh and stock. Process until smooth, then return to the pan with the chopped vegetables.
- Season the soup with a little salt and ground black pepper. Bring the soup to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, chorizo and balsamic vinegar, cover and simmer gently for 2–3 minutes. Toss the basil into the soup and serve.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes