- 2 apples
- ½ cup (65 g) blackberries
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1½ tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- finely grated zest of ½ orange
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons Greek–style yogurt
- Peel, core and thickly slice the apples.
- Put into a small saucepan and add the blackberries, allspice and 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar.
- Cover and heat gently for 2–3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the fruit juices run and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Put the egg yolks, remaining 2 teaspoons caster sugar, the orange zest and vanilla extract in a bowl, and whisk together until thick.
- In a separate, clean bowl, whisk the eggwhites until they form soft peaks.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the eggwhites into the yolk mixture.
- Preheat the grill to moderately hot.
- Melt the butter in a 20 cm frying pan with a heatproof handle.
- Tip in the egg mixture, spreading it evenly, and cook gently for 2–3 minutes, or until set and golden on the base.
- Place the pan under the grill and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until the omelette is puffed up and just set on top.
- Remove from the heat and turn up the grill to high.
- Spoon the fruit mixture on top of the omelette and fold it over in half.
- Sprinkle with the raw sugar and grill for about 30 seconds, or until the sugar caramelises.
- Cut the omelette in half and serve immediately, topped with the yogurt.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: about 10 minutes