- 1 cos lettuce heart, about 170 g
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large orange or yellow capsicum, quartered and seeded
- 1 large avocado, about 200 g
- 1 large papaya, about 500 g
- 1/3 cup (50g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- good pinch of paprika
- good pinch of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon light soft brown sugar
- Shred the lettuce leaves and put them in a large shallow dish or 4 individual dishes. Sprinkle the spring onions over the lettuce.
- Cut the capsicum quarters across into thin strips and arrange them in the dish.
- Halve, stone and peel the avocado, and cut into 5 mm slices across the width.
- Peel, halve and seed the papaya, and cut into 5 mm slices across the width.
- Scatter the avocado and papaya slices over the capsicum strips.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad.
- Heat a small heavy saucepan, add the pepitas and toss them in the pan to toast them lightly.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the salad.