- 1 litre boiling water
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into fine strips
- 125 g frozen corn
- 250 g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into short 1–cm wide strips
- 2 cups (120 g) young broccoli florets or pieces of broccolini
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- ¼ cup (15 g) snipped fresh chives
- ¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh tarragon
- Pour the water into a large saucepan.
- Add the stock cubes and whisk over a high heat until the stock boils.
- Add the capsicum strips and corn.
- Bring back to the boil, then add the chicken strips and immediately reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and bring the soup back to the boil.
- Sprinkle the broccoli or broccolini into the soup, but do not stir them in.
- Leave them to cook on the surface of the soup, uncovered, for 3–4 minutes or until just tender.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Stir in the sherry, chives, tarragon and seasoning to taste.
- Serve at once.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: about 15 minutes