- 200 g olives, preferably a mixture of black and green
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 thin–skinned orange, scrubbed but not peeled, cut into small chunks
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 fresh green chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded and cut into small chunks
- 125 g cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- Place the olives in a large bowl and add the oil, lemon juice, chunks of orange, rosemary sprigs and chilli.
- Stir together, then cover (or transfer to a jar and seal).
- Place in the refrigerator.
- For the next 2 days, every 12 hours or so, take the olive mixture from the fridge, uncover and stir.
- Cover again and return to the fridge to continue marinating.
- When ready to eat, tip the marinated olives into a serving bowl, add the capsicums and tomatoes, and stir well together.
Preparation: 10 minutes, plus 2 days marinating