- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 200 g (7 oz) scallops, roe removed, quartered
- 175 g (6 oz) raw tiger prawns (uncooked large shrimp), peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 10 g (¼ oz) dried wakame seaweed
- 350 g (12 oz) wok–ready hokkien (egg) noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or sesame oil
- 3⅓ cups (300 g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 cups (150 g) shredded bok choy
- 1½ tablespoons gari (pink pickled ginger)
- Mix together the lemon juice, honey and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour over the scallops and prawns and set aside for about 5 minutes to marinate.
- Place the wakame in a bowl, cover with 300 ml (10 fl oz) water and set aside for 8–10 minutes to rehydrate.
- Soak the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Drain the scallops and prawns, reserving the marinade, and pat the seafood dry with paper towels.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or large non–stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the scallops and prawns and stir–fry for 2–3 minutes, or until the prawns just start to turn pink and the scallops are opaque.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add the bean sprouts, bok choy, reserved marinade, remaining soy sauce and the gari to the wok and stir–fry for 1–2 minutes, or until the bok choy has wilted slightly.
- Return the scallops and prawns to the wok with the wakame and stir–fry for 1 minute, or until just heated through.
- Toss through the noodles to heat through, then divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Preparation: 10 minutes, plus 10 minutes soaking
Cooking: 15 minutes