- 2 tablespoons salt–reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 4 cups (300 g) shredded Chinese cabbage (wombok)
- 1 zucchini (courgette), sliced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup (260 g) canned pineapple pieces, drained
- 375 g (¾ lb) firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon grated, fresh ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put the soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and ¼ cup (60 ml) hot water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the spring onion, cabbage, zucchini and capsicum, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add the pineapple, tofu, ginger and cayenne pepper to the pan, cover, and continue to simmer for about 3 minutes, gently stirring from time to time until the tofu is cooked through.
- Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.