- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 250 g (8 oz) mixed lettuce leaves, chopped
- 100 g (3½ oz) baby spinach leaves
- 4 spring onions (scallions), green part only, chopped
- ⅓ cup (10 g) snipped fresh chives
- ⅓ cup (10 g) chopped fresh flat–leaf (Italian) parsley
- ⅓ cup (10 g) chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 50 g (1¾) prosciutto slices, trimmed of excess fat
- 400 g (14 oz) raw tiger prawns (uncooked large shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini (courgette), thickly sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 orange, cut into wedges, to serve
- juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt–reduced soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- To make the glaze, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Divide the glaze into two bowls – one to use for the skewers and the other to make the salad dressing.
- Set aside.
- To make the dressing, add the sesame oil and sunflower oil to one portion of the glaze and whisk to combine.
- Add the lettuce leaves, spinach, spring onion, chives, parsley and coriander.
- Toss everything together to coat.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to high and line the grill tray with foil.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into thirds lengthwise to make 12 long strips.
- Wrap a strip around each prawn, pressing so it holds firm.
- Thread the prawns, zucchini and cherry tomatoes onto four metal skewers, alternating the ingredients evenly between each.
- Generously brush half of the remaining glaze over the ingredients on the skewers, then place on the grill tray.
- Brush the skewers again with the glaze and grill for 3 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and brush with the remaining glaze.
- Grill for a further 3 minutes, or until the prawns just start to turn pink.
- Divide the salad among four plates.
- Place a skewer on each plate.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve immediately with the orange wedges on the side.