No matter what you believe about the afterlife (or lack thereof), there’s no denying that plenty of people have claimed to see visions or have out-of-body experiences after their hearts have stopped. Sceptics might brush those off, but researchers have found that most near-death experiences tend to have common themes: Feelings of leaving or returning to their bodies, a sense of peace, bright lights, and encounters with spirits or people. In fact, medical treatment is good enough now that there’s a difference between clinical death (no breath or pulse, but could still be resuscitated) and biologic death (actually dead). Even cynics might get chills hearing about these otherworldly visions from people who were clinically dead or close to it.
Popular This Week
- Want to live to 100? Follow these 18 simple rules
- 15 things you never knew about left-handed people
- 7 tips for arguing with someone who is “always right”
- 15 of the hardest words to spell in the English language
- The 10 best meals to eat when you feel your worst
- 25 of the world’s strangest and most unique hotels
- 73 short jokes anyone can remember
- 13 normal fights even happy couples have
More in Thought-provoking
Would you like to see your writing published in the magazine? Send it to us! We pay for stories, anecdotes and jokes.
We’re looking for enthusiastic readers who want to get involved in creating the magazine!
Share Your Deepest Wish with us and be published and earn cash!
What’s your best tip for dealing with stress and worry?
Come up with a funny caption for this image for your chance to win $100!