- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 slices wholegrain toast
- Gently crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the milk and a pinch of salt and black pepper, then lightly beat with a fork or whisk.
- Heat a 15 cm (6 inch) non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat. Add the butter and swirl the pan until it foams. Immediately pour in the egg mixture and cook for 20 seconds, or until the omelette starts to set around the edges. Using a fork or spatula, gently pull the edges of the cooked egg into the middle of the omelette, tilting the pan so the runny bits run onto the hot pan.
- When the egg is creamy on top and golden underneath, flip one half of the omelette over the other, into a semi-circle. Place toast on a warmed plate and slide the omelette onto the toast.