- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 500 g (1 lb) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into 3 cm (1¼ inch) cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt–reduced soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups (180 g) small broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 ml) salt–reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 4 firm, ripe roma (plum) tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- Heat the canola oil in a wok or large non–stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir–fry for 3 minutes, then add the soy sauce, garlic and ginger and stir well.
- Add the broccoli to the wok, then slowly add ½ cup (125 ml)of the stock.
- Cover and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the broccoli is just tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornflour into the remaining stock until it dissolves.
- Add the cornflour mixture and tomato to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.