- 125 g plain sweet biscuits
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1 cup (250 g) cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
- 1/2 cup (115 g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 ml thickened whipping cream
- 250 g fresh blueberries or raspberries, or a combination
- sifted icing sugar, to dust (optional)
- Lightly grease a 20 cm springform cake tin. Line the base with baking paper.
- Finely chop biscuits in a food processor. Add the butter and process until combined. Transfer biscuit mixture to the tin and use the back of a spoon to press it over the base of the tin. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- Pour 2 tablespoons boiling water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine over. When it has become spongy, whisk with a fork until dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Using electric beaters, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Add the cream and the gelatine mixture and beat briefly to combine. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and top with the berries. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until firm. Serve dusted with a little icing sugar, if you like.