- pineapple juice
- 2 cups (500 ml) orange juice
- ½ telegraph cucumber, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- ½ fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 large mango
- 10 cape gooseberries (optional)
- 1 firm pear
- 2 passionfruit
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- sprigs of fresh mint to garnish (optional)
- Mix together the pineapple and orange juices in a large bowl.
- Add the cucumber, onion, capsicum, chilli, lime juice and sugar, and stir well to mix.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour so that the flavours can mix and develop.
- Peel, stone and dice the mango, and add to the soup.
- If using, discard the papery skins from the cape gooseberries, then quarter the fruit.
- Core and dice the pear and add to the soup with the cape gooseberries.
- Cut the passionfruit in half, scoop out the flesh with a teaspoon and stir into the soup with the chopped mint and coriander.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with mint sprigs, if liked, then serve at once.
Preparation: 30 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling